6.30.2008

Happy Birthday Nana!

Today is Nana's birthday. For those of you who are not in the know...Nana is Daryl's mama...aka Diane, but those close to her call her Dee. I just love her to pieces...so does everyone else who meets and gets to know her. She's amazingly warm, loving and generous. She hugs like she means it. Daryl got his superb hugging abilities from her. When you're hugged by Dee, you know it....and it lingers.



I honestly couldn't ask for a more cool, loving, awesomely wonderful mother in law. I didn't know they came this good! I feel for a lot of my friends who didn't score a MIL like I did, but I'm not giving her to anyone...I may share a little...well, I HAVE to share...especially with Mia.


Mia adores her Nana and it's wholly reciprocated. They have a love that I've never seen. They're silly and playful and loving and sweet and and and ...everything nice in the world that there is between a Nana and her granddaughter. Nana has a little joke that whatever Mia asks of her Pawpaw, he'll say 'yes'. Hmmmm I think the same thing can be said for her.


When Mia spends weekends with them, Mia is the center of their world. Works stops. Everything else can wait. She's so attentive and understanding of our little snapper....and me. Whenever we're trying something new...in regards to eating, discipline...anything...Dee is open to it and follows our lead. She really respects Daryl and me as parents and tries to keep things even for Mia....not to say that Mia doesn't come home a little 'broken'...spoiled after a couple of days with Nana and Pawpaw...but that's their job and they do it well!


This woman works hard and plays harder! She and her honey, Tom/Pawpaw, travel all over the world and live life the way it was meant to. Their family means everything to them, and pretty much nothing else matters. Devoted.


Anyway....I LOVE that Dee was born...not only to we get her, but I get her wonderful son. Oh, don't even get me started on how damn great of a mama she is!


Dee, I love you! Happy Birthday!


*all of these shots are from our wonderful weekend in Port O'Connor...our home away from home

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! She looks and sounds like a lovely MIL.

Anonymous said...

lovely tribute to a lovely MIL.
You're very fortunate, and it's good to know you know it.

Anonymous said...

Awww, lucky duck! My MIL and I are getting there but some days I think we are still worlds apart...sigh.

Anonymous said...

You are lucky! And very sweet and cool.