6.16.2008

Best Shot Monday - Treasure



We've spent the week with my mom...Mia calls her Ita. Yesterday, I put my hair up in curlers, and you know Mia wanted some, too. Ita brought out her jewelry box to organize....it turned into a show and tell of wonderful memories. My mom was delighted to clip a pair of pearl earrings on her 2 1/2 year old granddaughter.


My mom pulled out the bird pin that I'd made for her while in art school. From a thin sheet of silver, I pierced and sawed out the shapes of two birds in a tree. Here, some 18 years later, it was sitting in my daughters hand. Moments like that are mighty surreal.


Mia mostly had eyes on the treasure chest. A little gold filigree treasure chest pendant filled with pearls and crystals. When I was little, this was a piece I literally treasured. I always cherished it and it felt like time stood still when it was in my hands. My heart melted as I watched my precious daughter fall under it's spell.


Check out Mother May I for more fabulous BSM's

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shot is precious. I love the bird one too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. This is one shot you will treasure forever!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful afternoon of discovering memorabilia.

And your BSM is indeed a treasure.

Anonymous said...

I love all these shots and the moments that made them happen. A wonderful day for you and Mia. A blessing. Very cool bird pendant.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful moment you captured. And the bird pin you made is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what precious memories. It's so amazing to share these things with our daughters. The bird pin you made is lovely. And while the last picture is wonderful, I love her tiny head full of rollers in the first picture even better!

Anonymous said...

That 1st shot is absolutely precious! What beautiful memories!

Anonymous said...

love the shot of the bird pin in her hand -- what a great memory!

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures, all of them. i really do love her hair in the rollers, too cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! Looks like you had a great time at your mom's!

Anonymous said...

Oh, such a great day! Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

These are the most beautiful photos - precious!

I'm Kellan - nice to meet you. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Precious memories...old ones renewed for you...new ones created for Mia. Your photos will keep these moments for her forever. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Special moments....those were beautiful. Perhaps someday it will your grandchildren she will be sharing those with.

Anonymous said...

that melts my heart!