1.06.2009

i sleep


the best thing since sliced bread? ear plugs!

after complaining about my lack of sleep due to d's snoring, Bonnie mentioned ear plugs. ohhhhh ear plugs! i actually had a whole container. i tried them out the night d got home from working out of town, and i slept like a baby...a happy and content baby. all i could hear was my deep breathing...a little like scuba diving. compared to the sometimes out of the blue scary loud snores, listening to my own breathing was quite a comfort.

when mia needs my attention during the night, he just gives me a sweet nudge and i wake from my deep peaceful sleep, tend to her and once my plugs are back in, i'm asleep within minutes.

the BEST thing about this is that d doesn't have to sleep in the guest room, or when we have company...on the sofa. a good night sleep and i get to snuggle with my honey. i can't ask for more than that!

8 comments:

jw said...

he snores, not b/c i dislike him. haha

jw said...

good for you. I haven't slept in the same room with my huz since I was forced to kick my Ambien habit. aaahhh ambien -- "works like a dream"

Wendy said...

that's hilarious! that's too cool. glad to hear you found a simple and affordable solution.

Alvis said...

I saw Van Halen in October that same year and I did wear ear plugs.

angie said...

My sister's husband snores like crazy. I think she ends up going into the kid's room! I'll suggest ear plugs!

Sarah said...

You lucky girl - I have twins and my husband is the one who puts ear plugs in. Sometimes when I'm up at night with one of the babies and he's sound asleep I have to fight the urge to hit him with my pillow.

No Cry. said...

Make money with BLOG

Tabitha Blue said...

That's great!!!!! Perfect solution that's good for the whole family! I love finding things like that!

:)
~Tabitha~