1.22.2009

We don't hibernate

Not in Austin, Texas we don't! We're barely aware that it's January...Winter in these parts. Just take a look at today's weather forecast: Sunny. Warm. High of 81f. We are aware that there's snow somewhere up North and stuff, but it really doesn't affect us. In fact, the other afternoon, Heather and Ryland got a group of us together at a super fab park to play hopscotch...or as Mia sometimes refers to as popscotch.

I don't mean to paint a picture that it's all a bed of roses down here...Cedar Fever has hit..and hit HARD! For two weeks, my eyes have been swollen & itchy, nose clogged or runny...and the sneezes? Forgetaboutit! So, many of us are taking our antihistamines and braving the outdoors by hitting the pollen head on...today? Oh, on our beautiful sunny day? The pollen count is estimated to be High (1,499). So, we'll be hibernating :)


















For more Theme Thursday shots, head on over to The Land Of K.A.


Theme Thursdays

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so lovely and warm! It is funny that we are all bundled up here and you guys are playing in a park! Wonderful shots...the kids look like they are having a blast! :)

Love Mia's outfit...she sure is stylin'!

Anonymous said...

Although your allergies sound terrible all those outside shots at the park look wonderful. I hope you can breathe again soon. :) Those hopscotch pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

love those jumping shots -- she looks so concentrated on the "popscotch" :). hope you find allergy relief soon...

Anonymous said...

I love Mia's sense of style!! Such cute pictures of her popscotching.

Anonymous said...

what fun popscotching!!

Anonymous said...

POPSCOTCH! I LOVE it! I think the shots are great...it is so nice to live in warm climates, huh?

Anonymous said...

Allergies - YUCK! I knew there had to be a catch to all that sunshine ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun...almost didn't see this post I was distracted by the d'lish cupcakes above...YUM!

:)

Anonymous said...

I need to live in a warmer climate, I think. I am jealous of your summery looking days! sigh. :)