5.17.2009

Waiting on a new love

My due date with Lily has come and gone. I'm sitting here 41 weeks + a few days pregnant...into my FOURTH trimester :)

I physically feel great...no aches or pains, minimal swelling in my feet. I'm good...but emotionally, I'm a little tired. I've been pregnant for a while, and have really enjoyed my pregnancy, with all it's roller coaster dips and drops. The spotting in the first trimester and anemia in my second and third seem so far in the past...it's almost surreal.

Daryl has been amazing! So supportive and pretty much perfect. My friends and family have also been so very wonderful. Everyone has given me the space I need without overly making me feel pressured to 'have the baby already'. I was part of the most beautiful Blessingway...just ready to use my birthing bracelet already :) The henna was gorgeous! My comadre, Andrea, took some super fab maternity shots that you can see here, here and here. Daryl and I have even made a belly cast like we did with Mia. I just need to gesso, sand and paint it up....

My Dr. has been warm and helpful, but now that I'm a little past my due date, he's kind of itching for an induction. So, along with waiting for our sweet little Lily to make her debut, we're having to take non-stress tests every 3 - 4 days to make sure Lily isn't in distress. I'm thrilled to do that... I get to hear her heart beat and mark down her little/big kicks and movements. I even got to see her sweet/squished face via ultrasound. We go in for another NStest tomorrow...and I know the Dr will want to schedule an induction for the end of the week...when I hit 42 weeks. From what Daryl and I have read, at that point, the cervix may just need a smidge of a nudge to get going. I hope Lily is born before that.

I'm ready to meet her, hold her...just look at her for hours. I want to rock and pat her...hear her lil newborn cries. I can't wait for her to look at me while she's trying to focus on her mamas face. I know I'll miss her being in my tummy, feeling her kicks, but I'm ready...ready to meet our new love.

Here are some pictures of Mia and I snuggling...resting....waiting :) and then some cute videos of Mia already torturing her lil sis with zerberts.










6 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet. I hope you get to meet your little one soon.

Andrea said...

AWWWW!

I look forward to meeting Lily too!
She will be here very soon!!

anja said...

Aww...love the videos...she will here this week..its so good to see you, you are such a trooper. love you, praying for you.

lltanderson said...

what a sweet post, and what a beautiful attitude toward the road your pg has taken. i'm sure lily will appreciate being given the time and space to make her debut as she sees fit. i can't wait to see pics of her and especially of her and mia together. siblings are amazing and, i think, my favorite part of being a mama to two. thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful birth experience when the time is right...

Christina said...

Lily is such a blessed child already - SO much love surrounding her! I can't wait for the happy news!

Stacy said...

Awww....I hope little Lily comes to you very soon. I was past due with Kailan, too. I waiting is the hardest part. They just don't want to vacate their nice warm little home. :)