4.10.2009

The popsicle maker

While cruising around ikea, Mia and I found some cool popsicle molds. That afternoon, I cut up some fruit...watermelon, strawberries and pineapple. We got the juicer out, Mia set the molds up and put the fruit in the juicer. It was sticky. It was messy. It was FUN! Then we popped the popsicles in the freezer. I was amazed by her patience...she actually waited till after dinner to ask for one...and she shared with Daddy..in return, he showed her how to BITE into them. Ugh, my teeth ache just thinking about it! :)







Mia thought it would be a good idea to throw a lemon in the mix... banana break
super cool mix of strawberry and pineapple juices

The Biter!

concerned that the watermelon popsicles had separated into stripes ...got over it quickly :)


11 comments:

jw said...

yummy!!! I am soo doing that! I have goose bumps thinking about biting into one and the sound it makes. eek

Heather said...

love the drippy chin shot! This reminds me that I need to find some of those molds! I've done just watermelon in the magic bullet before, but might have to mix it up a bit. Now just to wish for some warm weather to go with!

Joanna said...

Wonderful sunlight shining in on these shots. You utilized it perfectly in every one. Love the juicy bite at the end....And the big sister t-shirt. :o)

Bren Haas said...

Wonderful color.... it is always fun to visit your blog. Happy Easter to you.

Andrea said...

ok, that looks SO yummy.
reminds me of the mexican paletas.

anja said...

Wow! So yummy and healthy! You are FULL of energy lady! What a fun idea...love it!! I'm going try it too.

Andrea said...

We broke out our mold this week too! YUMMY!
Oh and for anyone in search of molds I saw some at IKEA.

S- said...

Love the photos! Makes me want a smoothie! I love the one of Mia dipping her finger into the juice. I can see how tempting that would be. :)

Christina said...

We have the exact same popsicle mold! Except ours is red and yellow. I often make a big batch of smoothies for breakfast, and freeze the extra as popsicles. Gorgeous pictures, such perfect light. And such perfect sweetness, too. :o)

Anonymous said...

Gosh that looks so tasty :).

Great set of pics, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm siked! I just found Ole' School Tupperware popsicle molds from Michael's Mama's stash when doing our garage sale, and kept them (never been used). Can't wait! Thanks for the inspiration.
Love ya, Mama
-LA