11.03.2008

Our Lil Trimp

Daryl and I spent a lovely half hour with our unborn child this morning. He (we already have a girl, and until we know...he'll be a 'he') was quite still at first...heart beat going, but still. Then after the ultrasound tech started pushing on my belly, he woke up and was pretty active. He rolled around, gave us a wave (counted 1, 2, 3, 4, fingers and 1 thumb!) and pretty clearly gave a good punch. Feisty. So, at 14 weeks (based on the date of my LMP, he should be 14 weeks tomorrow...at the last two visits/ultrasounds, he's been measure small, so the Doc wanted to have another look to see if the due date needed to be changed...it does matter after all), the lil babe is 3 inches long. I read somewhere they compared this size to a 'medium shrimp'. Along with some amazing quality time, we got a pretty nice shot of his profile.

During the car ride home, after I picked up Mia from Casa T, I told Mia that Daddy and I saw the baby today...we even got a picture. She asked if the baby was 'still in mama's uterus'. I reassured her, that Yes, he's safe in my uterus. I told her he was still very small and had to grow for a long time before he'd be big enough to be born. 'how big is the baby?' I let her know, that the baby was about 3 inches long. Well, that meant nothing to her, so I quoted what I'd read and showed her what 3 inches looked like and said the size of a medium shrimp. 'Oh, a trimp'

Mia was The Bean until we knew she was a girl, then she was Mia. Well, until we shortened whipper snapper to The Snapper.


So, without further ado, here's our Trimp:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowow!!

Ok, I can't even believe I'm saying this, but the moment I looks at the ultrasound photo, I got baby fever. Ok, so it lasted about 10 seconds, and I was done. Hehe.

But man, it's life amazing? I can see what you mean about having been with 'him' for that half an hour.

I'm so happy for you mamita.

Anonymous said...

Meant to type, "isn't", instead of it's. It's early.

Mia also has been talking about mommy having a baby. Very exciting times!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sure that this journey will be oh-so-exciting as you share it with your first little miracle!

Anonymous said...

omg I couldn't be happier for you guys. I can't wait to meet your trimp.

Anonymous said...

i can already tell he's gonna be a heart-breaker. Handsome man!
Congrats guys.

Anonymous said...

Your little trimp! Oooh, how awesome! Mia talking about the baby in mama's "uterus" - I love it!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! What a wonderful little trimp you have in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how wonderful!! It is awesome everytime you can get an ultrasound picture, isnt it?

Anonymous said...

Love the nickname! And what a beautiful picture of your little Trimp :).