2.08.2008

Fish Ass

After Mia's nap, we piled into the car and drove southward to meet up with her Nana at Target on Mopac & 71. The snapper was going to spend the weekend with her Nana, PawPaw and Memaw. Yay!

Oh, we're 4 weeks pregnant with our second kid. We don't have a nickname yet. I'll keep ya posted.

So, driving. In traffic. With fumes. On an empty stomach. Needless to say when we arrived I was a little squeezy. After hugs and love, we made the exchange, and I went in to Target to buy some comfier pants. ALREADY my jeans are tight in the waist. It's the first trimester BLOAT. I don't look pregnant, but I do look like I have a nice beer belly going. SEXY :)

I bought a couple pairs of preggo pants, Fig Newmans, boxes of Chai.....

Then I hopped back in the car and undid my pants. Ahhhh to breath comfortably again. Then it hit me...

I'M HUNGRY!

The Newtons were safe in the trunk, so I was on the prowl for something quick and greasy. I drove around and found Madam Mam's!!! Mmmmmmm I ordered an order of Madam rolls and some shrimp pad thai, paid and waited in the car for 15 min.

SCORE!!!! I scarffed down the rolls and started to dig into the pad thai. Then it HIT me! The stench! I swear it was as bad as the Bog of Eternal Stench. Just as Ludo was, I was frightened and repulsed at the same time. It was the pad thai! It smelled like, like, like fish!....and ASS!!! It smelled like FISHASS!!!!!

Guess where I was right at that moment. Smack in the middle of rush hour traffic on Mopac! I made a quick move, and exited. Thew the offending food in the first bin I could find.

Problem. I was still hungry. I drove around and found a Quiznos. Let me tell you something about Quiznos. I've NEVER eaten there. NEVER. I don't know why, just haven't.

I walked in and the stoner guy behind the counter asked if I was ok. I told him I was pregnant, queezy and had almost eaten something that smelled like fish ass! He WAS horrified, but very open to helping a mama out. I told him that I'd never been there before and didn't know how it all 'worked'. He smiled and said he knew...and would I like to go from the 'pick-up' area to the 'order' area? *Blush* I was a Quizno's newbie. I almost fell apart when I looked at the menu. It was sooooo vast. I was hungry.

He took care of me with a turkey and guacamole sandwich. They TOAST them. Did you know that?!?! I'm a convert. He said it would be easy only my belly, and stiffled a laughed when I picked up a bag of BBQ chips and a cookie. What? I was HUNGRY!

So, to recap:

Pregnancy Bloat - bad
Preggo pants - good
pregnancy hunger - bad
Fish Ass Shrimp Pad Thai whilst pregnant - BAD
quiznos and stoner guys - GOOD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical!!! I'm loving this blog so far. It's an uncensored you!