10.12.2009

what's in a name?

On a rainy Friday afternoon, Mia and I made Mind Jars...meditation jars with sparkles. Shake up all your worries, anger, frustration, sadness...breathe and watch it all settle down. We had the most fun making these together and I'll post all about it later, but today I'm in awe of my 3 1/2 year old daughter...she can write her NAME! Where did my baby go? Mia was beaming when she said, 'I can write my name just like you, Mama'. Then she pushed our two jars together and smiled. My best shot is of one of the most beautiful names in the world written by an extraordinary child...she even dotted her 'i'...the little details :)



for more little details, visit Tracey


bsm

8 comments:

Life in Eden said...

So sweet! What a neat idea.

Christina said...

how precious is that?! Love it. Nadia has really taken off with writing too, and it totally amazes me.

Melissa said...

Well that is just about too cute! What a lil smartie she is. :)

Unknown said...

How sweet!

Cara said...

That is so sweet. I know I will cry the day my boy learns to write his name.

Anonymous said...

on the road of life we learn so much!

Stephanie said...

The sentiment behind the jars is such a good one. I love that Mia can write her name! Awesome!

Rachel said...

*sigh* just a beautiful story to go with that picture!

Our little guy has just learned to make the first letter of his name. WHAT?!?! :)