3.30.2010

my nose is now pierced & sparkly

i've been wanting to do this for a while, and actually tried a couple of weeks ago, but the place of choice was closed. finally, it worked out. i hooked up with my lovely friend Krista, and we hit Diablo Rojo...the Guadalupe location. Paul, the piercer, was FABULOUS! incredibly professional and kind. he said he felt it was an honor to participate in this rite of passage. i have tattoos and had other areas pierced, but they've been flesh, not cartilage, so i wasn't sure what to expect on the pain scale. i will say, that i was nervous, but oh so ready. after i picked my jewelry (a super small pink stone), Paul sterilized everything in the autoclave, cleaned up my nose, marked it and we were ready. i put my hands underneath me...not wanting to flail about (Krista got a shot of the marks my hands left on the table) and relaxed...did some deep breathing. there was pressure...a LOT of it...and some moderate pain, the surge of fabulous endorphins, then it was done! he popped my jewelry in, cleaned me up and there was my nose in all it's sparkly glory! i'll always cherish the experience, my dear friend, Krista, and Paul...piercer extraordinaire :)

*all the pics of me, Paul and some of the place were taken by Krista...and i am incredibly grateful!
Paul and Diablo Rojo Piercing Studio

getting my nose cleaned up & marked

piercing

i LOVE it!


self-portrait via cell phone minutes later

No comments: